Food & Meals
Our orchard and vegetable garden provide organically grown fruit and vegetables for delicious pastries, marmalades and prepared dishes, that can be enjoyed at breakfast or dinner, which may be ordered on request.
Our cuisine in the main leans towards traditional local, Portuguese and Mediterranean home cooking style food and relies as much as possible on home-grown and local ingredients. We provide a set three-course menu that may vary according to the time of the year, perfectly complemented by the excellent wines of Alentejo.
A small selection of what you can expect:
- olives, olive paste
- goat’s and sheep’s cheese
- octopus salad
- fish- or vegetable terrines
- filled courgette flowers
- soup of fresh tomatoes, courgettes or pumpkin
- lamb roasted, stewed à Alentejo
- or as pie with fresh mint and tomato salsa and spinach
- pork à alentejana with garlic and fresh coriander
- duck with rice and 'chouriço' or
- 'migas' a spicy dish with crumbled fried bread, garlic and coriander
- the national dish “bacalhau” (dried cot) which can be prepared in many different ways
- walnut, orange or chocolate tart
- cinnamon parfait with sauce of fresh plums
- ice creams and sorbets of fresh fruits from our orchard or with almonds and dried figs
Existem ainda nas proximidades restaurantes recomendáveis em Vila Nova da Baronia, Alvito e Viana do Alentejo.